Blogging is In with the Young

eMarketer Digital Intelligence reported yesterday that, according to BlogHer and iVillage, the generation of Millennials (18-25 yrs) are the most active in the blogosphere. Active defined as both writing and reading blogs with a total of 40.4% of the bloggers belonging to the age group and 30.3% of the readers belonging in the same group. […]

Taking a Breather: Say Bye to Your Blog but Not Your Readers

Having a blog is like having a pet when it comes to taking some time for off. If you want to go on a vacation and has declared it a “blog-free” vacation you should make sure that the blog still gets tended. After all if you have a baby you won’t just leave it alone […]

Guest Blog Your Way to More Readers and Links

I have done a few posts on guest blogging. Other bloggers here in blog-tutorials like Jaren and Guru have also posted about the same topic. However, the usual focus is on the benefits of having a guest blogger, with the most obvious being helping you out when you’re in a rut or need to take […]

Using MyBlogLog And Blog Catalog

I talked about how you can use Twitter to attract more people to your blog in the previous post; people who might not even know that you exist otherwise. There are other ways by which you can gain that much needed and much desired exposure for your blog and one of them is by joining […]

Why Use Social Media?

Very recently, I wrote a post on using social media to promote your blog. What I didn’t really touch on was the main purpose of using social media. Indeed, why spend considerable time on these social media applications when you can use that time to actually work on your blog? The answer is simple – […]

Comments or No Comments?

Having a comment section on your blog is a good idea because it becomes a venue for interaction between you and your readers as well as between the readers themselves. However, if you remember having your very first blogs with no more than a handful of readers then you probably know how lonely a blog […]